About Me

My photo
I'm a Second Grade Teacher who loves learning new things and using technology in my classroom. Be sure to check out our class website to see what we are doing in second grade http://www.southadams.k12.in.us/webpages/agoodwin/

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Writing With Caterpillars (Wooly Worms)

One of the students in class brought in 41 wolly worms. They were all dark colored. Will we have a cold winter? How did she find that many? The students were all so excited the morning they arrived. They were all holding them and talking about them. Lots of chatter before morning announcements. We decided to take some time at the end of the day to name one and write about it. As you can see from the photos they enjoyed it tons. I think we might have to work on it again next week. Since it was a 2 day week we couldn't write about them the next day. I had each student take a photo of their wolly worm with their iPad. I see a kidblog post in the near future with these writings!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment